This carry-on packing checklist was specially designed for female travelers to help you pack lighter —carry-on only—and efficiently every time you travel. Giving you time back to focus on the adventure, not the packing.
No more “oops I think I forgot to pack a toothbrush…” moments or unnecessary things in your suitcase. Because really sis, who needs to be carrying around that extra baggage anyways!
The Carry-on packing checklist works for a one week or a month-long trip—or even longer if you pack those versatile basic pieces you own!! You can even tweak a few items to make it work for winter or summer trips.
What You Will Need
Lay it all out on your bed or floor
- 7 Tops
- 2 Dresses/Skirts/Sarongs
- 2 Shorts [Replace with pants for winter]
- 1 Jeans
- 1 Sweat/Yoga Pants
- 1 Comfy Lounge Outfit
- 1 Hoodie/Sweater [Replace with a coat for winter]
- 2 Different Types of Bras [Pasties]
- 7 Panties
- 3-7 Socks
- 3 Different Types of Shoes [including the one you will wear on the plane NO cheating]
Extras: Bathing Suits, Bath/Beach Towel, Cold Weather Accessories, Handbags, Hats, Sunglasses, Jewelry
- All-Purpose Cleansing Soap for Body, Face & Hair [ex: Castile Soap]
- Face Moisturizer [an oil can be used for face/body/hair]
- Makeup Remover [ex: a solid cleansing balm]
- Hair Conditioner [ex: solid bar]
- Hair Styler
- Sunscreen (Love this one for an added glow!)
- Bronzer/Blush (my fav all-in-one bronzer/blush/highlight palette here)
- 2-3 Lipsticks
- Compact Eye Shadow Palette or Cream Shadow Sticks
- Eyeliner (The Pen Pal is my fav!)
Below are some great (clean!) travel-friendly beauty products:
Extras: Wash cloth, Hair Brush, Styling Tools, Eye Cream, Face Serums, Contact Lenses, Contact Lens Solution
- Laptop Charger
- Phone Charger
- External Battery Pack
- Universal Adaptor [for international trips]
- Cameras/Filming Gear
- Passport/National ID
- Pharmacy/First Aid Kit
- Cash Stash
- Reusable Tote Bags
- Wash Bag
- Travel Neck Pillow + Eye Mask
- Hand Sanitizer
- Snacks + Mints
- Locks for Lockers/backpack
Roll everything out on your bed and place them in their respective categories.
If something is too bulky when it is rolled, then keep it folded to lay on top or under your packing cubes once in your suitcase.
Let’s Pack it Up
- Wardrobe your packing cubes:
Place clothes of similar weights or categories in the same packing cubes to help you find them faster when getting dressed on your trip.
- Place your liquids in the clear toiletry bag
- Place your shoes in plastic bags
- Begin placing things in your suitcase or backpack:
Start with the largest items and finish with the items that have not been grouped in bags/cubes
You can see exactly how I pack my carry-on backpack in the video below:
Relax, Breathe and Enjoy your Trip!
And remember that it is about the journey not what you will be wearing. Ultimately you can always find and purchase anything you need or left behind at your destination.
Here you have it ladies, a carry-on packing checklist that you can reference anytime for your trip to ensure that you will be traveling light, effortlessly and fabulously but never leaving anything important behind. Feel free to comment if you thought this was helpful or reach out to be here with questions.
If you are ready to build an online brand that allows you to live a freedom and joy filled life (maybe even travel full time!), check out my brand development coaching program. This program gives you hands-on experience creating your brand from scratch, including messaging and social media strategy.
Disclaimer: I might make a small commission on some of the links mentioned above at no extra added cost to you.